Become a Member or Renew
The Society was formed in 1985 and offers members:
- 4 * 64 page information packed journals per year (either printed or an eJournal, depending on type of membership)
- Monthly meetings with guest speakers (except May, June and August)
- A One Day Conference with guest speakers (in May)
- An organised visit to an Island place of historical interest (in June)
- A Members Area on the website which includes a number of databases and a Journal archive.
- A way to connect with other family historians and those of your family name worldwide.
- A Facebook group (which is also open to non-members).
More details can be be found on our 'About the Society' web page.
The Membership year runs from January - December. Four Journals are published annually, in February, May, August and November. Members joining later than February will receive back issues of the printed Journal for that year.
Membership rates entitle two people at the same address to be Members providing they are both specified on the Membership/ Renewal form; each individual will have full voting rights.
An eJournal option is available where Journals can be downloaded from the website, with no paper Journals being supplied.
A Membership application form can be downloaded in PDF or Microsoft Word format. The PDF format requires Adobe Reader. If you don't have Adobe Reader, use the link Adobe Reader download to download this. If you don't have Word, the Word document will open in Wordpad.
Note all forms linked from this page will open in a new Browser window.
Membership forms :
Use this to print out, fill in and return the application form by post (the address is on the form) to the Membership Secretary.
You may then edit this document and send it to the Membership Secretary either by post or by e-mail. If using e-mail then your remittance should be made separately by post or by using PayPal (see below).
Memberships may be renewed from November - January. Since this is the busiest time for our Membership Secretary and Treasurer, your cooperation is sought to ensure that Renewal forms, and Standing Order forms are properly completed and returned by 24th January at which time paid-up members will be included in the distribution list for the February journal and their Membership card produced.
Renewal forms :
- By using the facilities of PayPal, which will allow you to use a Debit or Credit Card.
You do not need to have a PayPal account to use this method.
eJournal Membership - £6 per annum UK Membership - £12 per annum European Union Membership - £15 per annum Rest of the World Membership - £20 per annum
Note that we incur a handling charge for Membership fees paid via PayPal - a small donation to make up for this would be appreciated.
- By Bank Standing Order - download and use these forms to set up a Standing Order from your Bank Account to the Society.
Standing Order forms :
- By post, with a cheque or money order (Sterling only please).